Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Building of evolved perspective-phase nine

Monday has arrived, August 16th.  I didn’t have to work a double yesterday, and it is so good.  I have so much stuff to get done.  Besides finishing the box, I need to cook a turkey dinner and vacuum seal it. 


I really don’t know if I think I am super woman or what, but I never can get what I want done in a day.  Today I cut the moulding , which was way harder than I thought.  It would have been easier, if my box had turned out to be perfectly square.  Once the moulding was cut I painted all the pieces that I still had to attach.  I feel like I spent the day waiting for paint to dry.  But I had plenty of stuff to do to keep myself busy between coats. 


I made polenta lasagne, cornbread, green bean casserole, stir fry vegetables, stuffing, candied yams, and I got the turkey ready for cooking. 


It is now 1am and I have painted the last coat of the pieces, off to shower and sleep….for a minute.


My alarm goes off at 4:30am I get up and put the turkey in the oven and paint one last thing that I forgot.  I was going to go back to sleep until 7, but I just couldn’t.  I started to attach all the pieces and of course I ran into may obstacles.  By 8:30am I am tired again, so I take a nap until 10:00am. 


The turkey comes out of the oven at 10:30am, and I run to builder’s emporium for some last minute things.  Heather and I need to do a bunch of shopping to prepare for burning man, so I pick her up and we go to:  Costco, trader joes, sport authority, target, bev mo, haigh street, then I take her to work and come home to finish my project.

Once home, I am too exhausted to do anything, so I nap until 7pm.  

I get up and get to work, and guess what???  This monster is finally done!!!!  I really can't believe that I thought I could crank this thing out in 2 days.  Thank god I didn't leave it till the very last minute.  Tomorrow we take is apart, and Monday I leave with my monster in tow to Burning Man.  

I want to thank everyone that has helped and supported me through this project.  Lot's of blood and sweat went into this project, surprisingly no tears.  I am really surprised at myself for not freaking out at any point, especially with people not being able to help on certain days, and everything taking five times as long as anticipated.  This is the first thing I have done in a very, very long time that I actually needed help with.  Those of you that know me, know that it is hard for me to ask for help.  

All in all I am pretty stoked about this project.  It is the first thing I have ever built, so even though it is imperfect, I feel pretty satisfied and definitely relieved that it its done.!!


  1. Beautiful! Amazing! Fantastic! When can we see it in person?!

    xoxox Helen and Kristy

  2. After I bring it back from burning man and find a place to show it here.